The Lean Design System of Greenchoice
Do you ever feel like you just don’t have enough time to create that Design System you would love to have? That’s a shame because Design Systems are very useful. However, making a Design System when you are working scrum can be a challenge. During this meetup we shared how we created a ‘Lean’ Design System on the fly, next to all regular scrum work.
How to create a Lean Design System on the fly
During these meetup we shared our story how we’ve created a Design System ‘on the fly’ for Greenchoice, the most sustainable energy supplier of The Netherlands. We talked about:
- How it all began and the why and when they needed a Design System;
- Which steps they took to create a Lean Design System;
- What the Greenchoice Design System looks like and how it grows;
- How the System is integrated into the production environment;
- How Greenchoice combined building the Design System with other ‘scrum’ work.
During the Meetup we shared some useful tools we’ve created to make our work easier. Check them out. They may help you as well.
1. Design System Checklist
This tool will help you and your team decide what is relevant to include in your Design System. What do you really need as a team? What could you start with? Our checklist can help you get more focus and decide what to include in your pilot.
Design System Checklist is part of our Design System Take Off, in which we help you kickstart your Design System.
2. Process puzzle
Design Systems are 80% people and how we work together. Want to get started with improving your governance and process? Our Design System Proces Puzzle could help you with the first steps.
3. Design System Buy-in🕺
You don’t build a Design System by yourself, you to convince others. To help you with this we created a ‘convince your boss’ slidedeck. You’ll find slides about:
- what a design system is
- why it’s necessary for your organization
- how you make yours a success
Supported with relevant learnings from the Dutch market.
State of Design System in Netherlands, 2018
Last but not least. Curious how other organisations in the Nederlands build and maintain their Design Systems? Check out our research State of Design Systems in Nederlands, 2018.
Verder met je Design System?
In two days we give insight in the consistency of your products.
Needed from you
A team of Designers, Developers, Marketeers, Content Writers and a Decider.
- A backlog en roadmap for your Design System
- Convincing arguments to show why a Design System is a good investment
- Tools to do a Design Audit yourself
Design System Take Off
A flying start with your Design System in just 4 days
Needed from you
Decider, Designers and Front-end Developers for 4 days
- All your documentation in one place
- A UI-kit in Sketch or Figma, or similar
- A component-library based on Fractal, Storybook or similar
- A design-process based on your needs
Design System Booster
In one day we’ll bring your Design System to a higher level!
Needed from you
Decider, Designers, developers and other stakeholders for one day
- Insight in your situation
- Concrete improvements
- Practical knowledge
- A motivated team
Niet zeker of je Design System nodig hebt?
Probeer dan Design System Taster Workshop.