Experiment Test Card
This template will help you define, plan and measure your experiments. At Angi Studio we use this tool during our Growth Sprints. Tip: keep your experiments as small as possible!
Step by step
Print out your template on an A4 paper en start filling it in one by one.
- Experiment name. Give your experiment a name 💁♀️
- Learning goal. The big overarching question you need to answer. A learning goal is broader than a hypothesis and might take you several experiments to learn.
- Hypothesis. Describe your hypothesis as specific an measurable as possible. A hypothesis is statement which can be falsified.
- Action steps. Describe the type of experiment you want to run and list the steps you need to complete. Keep your experiment as small as possible in order to learn.
- Next best action. A solution is a commitment to iteration – ahead of time – no matter what the outcome of testing will be, there will always be a next best action. Define next best actions for both outcomes: ‘if you get it right’ and ‘if you get it wrong’.
- Who is responsible? Assign a person responsible for running this experiment.
- Duration. Estimate time needed to run a minimal viable test to adequately vet the idea. Think in days rather than weeks.