When do you do a Design Sprint?
The most important question is of course, when do you do a Design Sprint? After all, it is 7 people x 4 days = 224 hours, which is a major investment. The risk if you use a Design Sprint incorrectly? A demotivated team and no valuable learnings.
When is a Design Sprint a good idea? 👍
- You want to get started with a big challenge; the greater the challenge, the better the sprint.
- If you have limited time, you want to find a solution quickly.
- When you want to give your team a boost.
When is a Design Sprint not a good idea? 👎
- You have a small challenge, not worth spending 200+ hours on.
- The solution is already defined and abandoning this is not an option.
- No means to follow it up.
- Team is not willing/not able to clear agendas.